Make History with the First Ever
Breakthrough Strength Challenge
Saturday October 31st – Training Begins Monday September 14th
For the past eight years (yes, even before we opened Breakthrough in 2015), we have had the privilege to host and participate in the Tactical Strength Challenge; a fun event to test one’s brute strength in the barbell deadlift, strength endurance with the flexed arm hang or pull ups, and cardiovascular power output with five minutes of grueling kettlebell snatches! With 2020 being… well 2020, it’s just not feasible for us to properly host or train for this beloved event. But that doesn’t mean we can’t create a new, exciting event; better suited to our current circumstances!
Join us and make history in the first ever Breakthrough Strength Challenge (BSC)! Test your brute strength in the Double Kettlebell Clean & Press, strength endurance with the Double Kettlebell Static Suitcase Hold, and cardiovascular power output with five minutes of One Handed Kettlebell Swings!
- Training is not just another practice session!
- To create competition results, we need to train with an attitude of professionalism. This is not about being “elite” or overly serious (it can still be loads of fun at every training session, of course), it is more about making each session count. With specific programming targets to hit on each training day, that build to a peak performance on competition day, we are able to achieve far greater results than we ever could with a more casual workaday physical exercise program.
- If you are ready, you don’t have to get ready!
- Never has our level of general physical preparedness been so obviously connected with our survival. While scientists work around the clock to beat COVID-19, it has become apparent that a population with better all around physical conditioning has far fewer serious cases of the disease. A body prepared to handle the rigors of an athletic challenge such as this, is also better prepared to defend itself from this pandemic.
- Fight back against depression!
- From the CDC:
- “Coping with stress in a healthy way will make you, the people you care about, and your community stronger.”
- “The evidence is clear—physical activity can make you feel better, function better, and sleep better.”
- “While it may be difficult to remain physically active while social distancing, it is possible and important.”
- From the CDC:
When you join our BSC Team, here’s what you will get:
- A custom 7 week program to achieve your best results on competition day. Training begins Monday 9/14 and ends with the Challenge on Halloween, Saturday 10/31.
- A special Team Only training practice on Thursday evenings at 7pm
- An exclusive Team T-Shirt
- A chance to make history and get “scary” strong by training for this brand new challenge!
We will be following all guidelines and best practices to keep people safe – including physical distancing, no shared equipment etc. As such, spots to participate in this Challenge will be limited.
The investment to join this Challenge is $84 and is open to Breakthrough members only. Members can sign up or get more info on the challenge next time you come in for training, or send us an email. If you are not yet a Breakthrough member, now is the perfect time to join! Contact us to learn more about our programs and how you can join the Challenge for just $5! The deadline to register is Tuesday 9/8, and spots are limited, so don’t miss your chance to compete in the first ever Breakthrough Strength Challenge!