August 15th 2015
Weekly News: Win $1000 and Set Yourself Apart From the Crowd!
Breakthrough Strength & Fitness is excited to be hosting the StrongFirst Tactical Strength Challenge (TSC) on Saturday October 31, 2015 from 9am to 2pm!
1. One team of two will win $1,000!!! YES! That’s $500 for you and $500 for your team-mate. Now, the TSC isn’t really a team challenge. Everyone is scored individually and really just competing to do your personal best. But everyone will be paired up in teams of two so that you will always have a partner to help grab weights for you, count your reps, cheer you on and have a few laughs with you. Because the TSC is an individual challenge with different classes for you to compete in, it would be very hard to determine a “winner”. So our prize will be done by a drawing. The day of the Challenge we will randomly draw to see which team will walk away with the cash!
2. You don’t have to be a member of the gym to join the Challenge! If you are not yet a member of our gym and have been looking for a way to check us out for a short-term, this is the perfect time! If you are a member already, this is your opportunity to share your awesome gym with a friend or family member… in fact, gym members must be partnered with a non-member to qualify for the cash prize.
3. Stand out from the crowd! You could sign up for another 5k or a mud run and be just another face in a large crowd… or you could train for, and conquer a different type of Challenge that will take you on a journey to a stronger, leaner, more powerful, more athletic you! You will be amazed at what you are capable of!
4. Get better results with your fitness! It’s a proven fact that when you train for a specific goal with a set date on a calendar where you will reach a peak, you will get better results. You will train harder, and be more consistent and focused in your training. The type of training we will be undergoing for this Challenge will have you building strength and lean muscle, burning fat, and learning to move with greater ease… something for any fitness goal!
5. Compete to do YOUR personal best! Whether you are an athlete who has competed in the TSC many times, or you are brand new to training, there is a category of competition that will be right for you. When we have our first TSC practice, we will help everyone figure out what category to compete in so that you are challenged at the right level to succeed.
If you are interested in joining, be sure to contact us ASAP, as we are limiting our TSC numbers to only 10 teams of 2.
We want to make sure everyone receives the best coaching and experience we can provide, so as much as we would love to have 100 people competing, we need to set a limit.
For those who don’t know the TSC, this is a StrongFirst challenge consisting of 3 events: 1. Test your absolute strength in 3 attempts to lift your max in the deadlift 2. Test your bodyweight strength by seeing how many tactical pull ups you can do in a row (or a flexed arm hang for time for the ladies) 3. Test your cardiovascular strength to see how many kettlebell snatches you can get in 5 minutes. If you want to see how you compare to other competitors from all over the world, you can register as an official competitor with StrongFirst. You can learn more about the StrongFirst TSC here.
Realizing that the above events might be too much for someone brand new to training, or someone recovering from an injury, we decided to add our own “in house” category. So, we will also have our own “Breakthrough Class” that will be the following 3 events: 1. Same absolute strength test using the deadlift for 3 attempts at a max lift 2. An option to do a straight arm hang on the pull up bar for time, instead of a flexed arm hang or pull ups 3. 5 minutes to see how many swings you can perform, if snatches are not an option for your shoulders.
Our group classes will be focused on TSC preparation starting in September (and will be great training even if you don’t plan to compete). Semi-private clients will of course have a TSC program designed for you, so if you plan to compete, let us know right away so we can write your program.
In addition, we will have a weekly practice time on Thursday evenings from 7-8pm, starting with our first meeting on August 27. This practice time will be exclusively for the Tactical Strength Challenge Team, and will be full of all sorts of training gems to get you ready for some incredible results come Challenge day!
For our current gym members – to join the TSC Team with access to our exclusive Team practice, and to qualify for the cash prize, you must attend a minimum of two training sessions each week and be paired with a non-member. We have flyers in the gym that you can take to your friends to let them know about the TSC, so take a few next time you are in. The member cost is $49.
For those who are not yet gym members – You will receive 9 weeks of UNLIMITED training in our group classes, including the exclusive Team practice. You must attend a minimum of two training sessions a week to qualify for the cash prize. We will start you off with a complimentary Strategy Session where we will learn about your training history, and do a movement screen which will help us learn how you move, and how to best prepare you for the Challenge. The non-member cost is $447.
Again, our first TSC practice is August 27, so don’t wait to contact us if you are interested, as space is limited!
Train for a challenge worthy of your efforts, and you will not be disappointed by the results!